Sunday, October 24, 2010

basketball is here again...

The start of a new basketball season is upon us. Going into each one, be it football or basketball, I feel like I am holding a lottery ticket. Thanks to all those K-State teams, those lottery tickets, I have had some of the most memorable and exciting moments in my life. The highest highs and the lowest lows. I rushed the court with Beasley and cried in the upper-deck of a dome in St. Louis.

So here we are. Basketball is about to begin. I hope we all recognize exactly how special this team has the opportunity to be. Every moment should be cherished. We are currently ranked 3rd in the nation. Our highest preseason ranking of all-time.

I look back at the days of Bishop and Roberson and wish I would have taken a deep breath and enjoyed every second of it. Like every joy in life, don’t take it for granted. You never know how often these moments will arrive. Every Man A Wildcat.

No comments: